“Without feedback, we tend to invent our own reality.”
Join us for a discussion on how to give developmental feedback to your team members on their 360 Reports.
To begin our discussion about development, we expect all our employees at Chalhoub to be curious, take ownership of their learning and have a growth mindset.
In this workshop, we will discuss all available tools & resources that can support you master the below:
- Set SMART Goals
- Stretch Yourself
- Get Feedback
- Be Curious
- Have an IDP
- Network Brilliantly
- Get A Mentor
A Performance Development Plan (PDP), also known as a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP), is a tool to support employees who are not meeting expectation in certain aspects of their role.
The purpose of the PDP is to work with the employee to identify the areas for development and document a suitable action plan to support the individual to meet expectations either from a behavioural or technical competency perspective.
Outcomes may vary, including improvement in overall performance; the recognition of a skills or training gap; or a career conversation regarding the suitability of the employee in the role.
- What is PDP?
- Importance of managing under performance
- How to document PDP on DRIVE
- Tips on Giving & Receiving Feedback
High Potentials are identified considering what is performance vs. what is potential. We do so because it is a combination of these two factors that help identify the truly high potential, future leader, and spending time defining what these mean and the criteria associated with each, is the building blocks of any high potential development strategy.
Identifying high potentials influences the organizations future success. With the uncertainty in the current market, it is crucial that you don’t lose sight of your future leaders who are agile but resilient to grow the organization and act as its own competitive edge.
- High Potential Identification
- What is the process?
- What is the difference between Performance & Potential rating?
- Why it’s important to the Group? How to motivate, develop & retain High Potentials?
- Resources & Tools
- Live Examples
The Negotiation Skills training is designed to provide essential tools, concepts and practices of negotiating, to successfully develop an individual’s flexibility and ability for everyday situations.
The training offers a collaborative approach that achieves a win/win outcome, builds confidence, competence and effectiveness in negotiation situations.
In today’s highly competitive business environment, where time, money and resources are short in supply, our leaders rely on project management skills to get more accomplished.
This course is aimed at employees who occasionally undertake project work within their roles and are looking for the required project management skills to plan and execute projects more effectively
FACE TO FACE WORKSHOP
Who is it for?
Any Chalhoubie who is interested to know more about the content of classic business books.
In Book to Classroom (B2C), we will turn the content of famous business books into interactive and engaging virtual workshops.
While many still prefer reading the selected book, the workshop will introduce you to the main ideas in a concise manner and highlights the concepts that you can put into practice in your daily work.
Every workshop will tackle a different book, so make sure not to miss enrolling if you like to know more about the selected book.
Energizers are quick activities designed to re-engage, re-motivate and re-energize participants in your online meeting or virtual workshop through positive disruption, using physical movement, fun, creativity or problem-solving.
This toolkit contains energizers for the following topics:
- Getting to know each other
- Sharing information
- Sharing resources
- Value of mentoring
- Diversity of opinions
- Engaging teams
Who is it for?
Brand trainers and other Chalhoubies who are involved in Training, Learning and Development practices.
The 3-day programme develops the skills of Brand trainers to conduct group training sessions that maximise the level of learning and engagement.
- Successfully apply the principles of the learning cycle to design and structure a group training session, with appropriate content and support material
- Complete the required preparation and conduct a group training session, both face-to-face and in virtual mode, that maximizes the level of learning
- Develop the required presentation, training and facilitation skills for successful learning event delivery
- Encourage learner participation, control group dynamics and accommodate different learning styles to promote learning
- Master the use of virtual tools to deliver engaging online training sessions.
Who is it for?
Anyone in Managerial or Leadership role, whose work scope includes making frequent presentations or speaking in public.
The 2-day On-Stage programme has been designed in line with Chalhoub’s Behaviours for Success” “Communicating Effectively” and “Collaborating and Influencing with Respect & Trust”.
Even in today’s information and technology-driven age, excellent public speaking skills remain central to excelling personally and professionally. Every speech or presentation can truly make or break a leader’s career.
Great speakers and presenters all share one quality that no Training can provide – the desire to communicate. The good news is that presenting is not dependent on some rare genetic trait. We are talking about a skill, and like any other skill, it can be learned.
What is the Chalhoub Coaching Community?
The Chalhoub Coaching Community (CCC) is our initiative to create a coaching culture within the Group.
Through our pool of passionate, and internally certified leaders, we invite you to get involved in our community.
Please use this page to get involved by:
Applying to be a coach
Request for coaching
Meet our coaches who are completing their certification, on their way to becoming Accredited Performance Coaches.
The Chalhoub Group Leadership Toolkit captures the essence of Servant Leadership and draws from the collaboration of various executives who have shared their unparalleled passion and wealthy experience into invaluable ideas, perspectives and practices.
As an embodiment of Chalhoub’s uniqueness, the Toolkit provides guidance to live by during every leader’s tenure with the Group. With this support tool, you will be able to fulfil the Group’s vision and honour the Chalhoub legacy by becoming a Servant Leader.
Who is this for?
Successful applicants registered on the Level 1 Career Advancement Application
This one-day assessment center aims to measure the participants' ability and potential against various behavioural and technical competencies that Chalhoub Group has identified as being critical for the Store Supervisor role.
Level 1 Career Advancement Program برنامج التقدم الوظيفي المستوى الأول
The Level 1Career Advancement Programme is a promotional programme that provides learners with key skills, tools, and practical
concepts that fully aid them in taking on their leadership roles.
Level 1Career Advancement برنامج
هو برنامج ترويجي يزود المتعلمين بالمهارات الأساسية والأدوات العملية ، المفاهيم التي تساعدهم بشكل كامل في تولي أدوارهم القيادية
Who is this for: لمن هذا
Consultants who are ready for the next step in their careers to become shop supervisors or managers.
المستشارون المستعدون للخطوة التالية في حياتهم المهنية ليصبحوا مشرفين أو مديري متجر
This 5 months programme encompasses several methods of holistic learning. Most importantly, learners are given the opportunity to
apply and practice the theory learned from the modules in their own stores. During the programme, apart from the integral training,
learners have access to several coaching opportunities and learner-led activities imparting ownership in their leadership development.
يشمل هذا البرنامج مدة 5 أشهر عدة طرق للتعلم الشامل. الأهم من ذلك ، يتم منح المتعلمين الفرصة لتطبيق وممارسة النظرية التي تعلموها من الوحدات في متاجرهم الخاصة. خلال البرنامج ، وبصرف النظر عن التدريب المتكامل ، يتمتع المتعلمون بإمكانية الوصول إلى العديد من فرص التدريب والأنشطة التي يقودها المتعلم والتي تضفي الملكية في تطوير قيادتهم
The Level 1 Career Advanced Programme is a nomination-based expedition. To register your interest, please discuss this opportunity with your manager or people partner.
This initiative is aimed at creating a Group wide community of well-trained internal coaches who are passionate about growing others as much as themselves, sharing their experience and expertise at a more elevated and selfless level.
This expedition provides resources and guides which will support you throughout your accreditation and be a central space for all the materials relevant to your learning journey.
The Chalhoub Coaching Community is a nomination-based expedition. To register your interest, please complete the application form which you can access from the link below:
Welcome to Level 1 Career Advancement Programme application!
The changes we made have been designed with your development need in mind, supporting our culture transformation, with a greater focus on ensuring we make consistent, transparent, and objective decisions around how to grow and develop yourself in the Group.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
L1 Career Advancement Programme is a 6-month journey that consists of:
- Application Submission
- Competency-based Assessment Centre
- Three activity-based and project-based modules
- Learner led learning journey
- Final assessment
L1 CAP Applications are now closed and will re-open in January 2022.
Goal setting is a top-down activity where we annually reiterate our purpose, vision and strategic priorities for the year. Effective goal setting:
- Ensures role clarity
- Provides guidance and direction for the year ahead
- Helps facilitate resource planning
- Motivates and inspires our employees and provides a fair and objective mechanism to assess individual and team performance
Discover more about how we set goals at Chalhoub:
- Complete the video-based e-learning programme
- Check out additional articles about the Goal Setting topic
- Complete a self-assessment to develop more awareness about your top human need, the invisible force that shapes your every thought, behavior, and action.
Executive Leadership Programme - An instrumental component of our 2021 Group-wide Leadership Development strategy
Leaders learn and change their beliefs and behaviors most effectively through experiences - when we are actively engaged, emotionally hooked, and have opportunities to practice. This programme incorporates the right balance of Content, Context, and Experience with experiential methods that vary widely in format, from metaphoric to hyper-realistic.
The Executive Leadership Programme aims to:
- Bring cohesiveness and alignment across the leadership team while instilling Servant Leadership mindset and behaviors,
- Deep dive through facilitated exploration into the future of the retail and identify winning strategies to future-fit our organization,
- Provide necessary frameworks on how to sustain and further accelerate our transformation,
- Assist our leadership in creating and aligning their personal branding with the Group overall promise and strategy,
- Provide our leaders with actionable tools and practices in strengthening their public speaking as an integral component of their leadership brand, and
- Instill solidarity, collaboration, and a sense of joined accountability within our leadership cohort through focused organizational effectiveness coaching.
Executive Leadership Programme is a nomination-based expedition. If you believe you meet the above criteria and would like to add this expedition to your development journey, please discuss this with your direct manager and People Partner, who can share your nomination with the Chalhoub University team.
Research has shown that when done right, feedback has the power to transform performance by 39%. This fantastic feedback (constructive or otherwise) requires the right type of preparation, delivery and in-the-moment management to ensure its full value is realised.
Who Is This For?
Anyone who would like to improve the way they give feedback.
- Understand the impact that feedback can have on performance
- Discover how delivery style can make or break the value of feedback
- Have A selection of best-practice tactics to prepare for, and deliver, fantastic feedback
- Have An understanding of, and ways to overcome, possible reactions during the conversation
This online programme is designed to introduce you to the key elements of our journey in achieving One Team, One Culture across Chalhoub.
This journey of 6 chapters highlights the key elements of the culture we are building.